Want to learn more about work trends in Aotearoa?
In 2021, E tū conducted its own research about how jobs and industries are likely to develop and change.
Sector and role growth
We’ll see job growth in the following areas:
- Sectors such as health, social, and transport.
- Highly-skilled roles, e.g. systems analysts and information tech.
- Roles such as plasterers, electricians, fabrication engineers.
- Manufacturing roles not related to primary industries.
- Te Ōhanga Māori (the Māori economy) continues to grow and become more important.
Job information by region
Regional Skills Leadership Groups are groups set up by the Ministry of Business and Innovation (MBIE) and look at future workforces/skills in different regions and cities around Aotearoa.
Click on the name of your region to learn more.
- Tai Tokerau
- Tāmaki Makaurau
- Bay of Plenty
- Hawke’s Bay
- West Coast
- Southland Murihiku
INTERESTING RESOURCE ON WORKING FROM HOME: https://www.s1jobs.com/resources/remote-working-guide/
Complete Guide for Disability Inclusion: The Definitive Guide to Disability Inclusion in The Workplace
This guide covers a lot of important considerations, such as:
- The laws in place to protect people with disabilities
- The disability employment gap, its causes and how it changes according to demographic groups
- Practical steps to support disabled employees
- How to build a more inclusive culture in the workplace