- Top tips for writing a stand-out cover letter
- Getting your CV into shape
- Examples of great cover letters and CVs
Ministry of Social Development (MSD): train to progress or change your career
You can broaden your skills while working – become better at your job, increase your chance for a promotion, or change your career entirely.
To get started, talk to your employer! Think about what training would benefit both you and them, and discuss it.
- ask your boss if some study time can be included in your work hours
- cut back your work hours while you study
- attend evening or weekend courses
- find a course that is offered online or by distance education
- talk to your employer to find a solution that works well for you both so you can train and progress in your current career.
Click here for more on how to approach your employer.
Click here to look for a suitable course.
Careers New Zealand
Create an account for FREE access to:
- Career Quest – find out what you are actually interested in
- Skills Matcher – match your skills with the right job
- Jobs explained database – 400+ job profiles explained
- Job hunters’ workbook – available in Māori, English, Samoan, Tongan, Niuean and Cook Island languages
- Create a CV, cover letter, and more! – help to create or update these essential job hunting documents
Click here for more on Careers New Zealand.
Check out this government resource that gives you access to employment, education, and training information.
Click here for more at Connected.